The Vulcan Golf and Country Club is a semi-private 18 hole championship golf course that encourages new members and extends a warm small town welcome to the public. The Vulcan Golf and Country Club was formed in 1923 at a location that is different from today’s location and then moved to its current home on a piece of land that was bought by the town for the purpose of constructing a golf course.
In 1952, the Vulcan Golf and Country Club signed a lease agreement with the Town of Vulcan for those lands. Construction and development of the first 9 holes was financed through various forms of fundraising and then improved throughout the years by reinvesting cash from operations, community and member donations, fundraising events and sweat equity from the members. The Vulcan Golf Course reopened in 1956 at the current location. The back nine was built in 2007 and designed by Mr. Les Furber.
The club offers two distinctly different nines, the front nine is a mature well treed layout where as the back nine offers more of a links style layout with large undulating greens that are protected with sand and water hazards. The signature hole is the par three 18th. This hole ranges from 107-184 yards and requires an accurate tee shot to a green that is surrounded by numerous sand traps and water that covers the left hand side of the fairway.
Vulcan Golf and country club is one of southern Alberta‘s best kept golf secrets!