Normandy Shores Golf Club is located in the serene residential community of Normandy Isle just off 71st street on the northern end of Miami Beach.
The land for the golf course was donated to the City of Miami Beach by M. C. Gryzmish on January 4, 1928, a year later the City took position of the land.
In 1937 Howard Toomy and William S. Flynn were employed as the golf course architects. The first plans for the golf course were drawn up. It only took a couple of years for the golf course and new clubhouse to be completed and with great pride the City of Miami Beach held the dedication ceremony on December 18, 1941.
Around 1956 the City of Miami Beach hired Mark Manahah to redesign the golf course and Normandy Shores became a hot spot for both the famous and infamous. Sam Snead, Arnold Palmer, and Peter Thompson were just few of now legendary professional golfers that played Normandy Shores Golf Club on a regular basis.
For the last 50 years the golf course has been maintained by the City of Miami Beach and because of the easy access of the 79th street causeway, Normandy Shores Golf Course became the perfect spot for Miami Beach, Miami, North Miami and Miami Shores golfers to enjoy a round.
In 2008, the City of Miami Beach has spent over $9 million to renovate the now spectacular Normandy Shores Golf Club. The City hired world renowned golf course architect Arthur Hills to redesign the aging course and bring it back to its current state of glory.
While its length is not overwhelming its’ well protected landing areas and greens make for a stern test of golf. The course is strategically bunkered and water hazards come into play on 12 out of 18 holes. Fast undulating paspalum greens offer a formidable challenge, making Normandy Shores a true test of every golfers’ skills.