The exclusive Golf de Saint-Nom la Breteche lies in beautiful, lightly forested countryside to the west of Paris, where it vies for golfing excellence with other top tracks like St Germain, Joyenval and Saint-Cloud.
Saint-Nom-La-Breteche Golf was born from the will of a man. In 1954, a farm in a small village on the hillside between the plate of the forest of Marly and Versailles’ plain, is for sale. Daniel Feau will become the owner and carry out the project of a lifetime: to build a golf course. At the time it is a confidential sport in France.
To carry out this revolutionary project, he will surround himself with fourteen “builders”. Jacques Bernard for logistics, Paul Bouquin for land purchase, Russel Page for the completion of all landscaping and architect F W Hawtree. Five years of work will be needed for the farm and agricultural land to be turned into a golf course.
In the courtyard lies the putting green, below, the chipping green took the place of the old barn. The former stables of draft horses are home to the local caddy-master.
In March 1959 the Blue course was inaugurated. The Red will follow a year later. In 2000 will be inaugurated five complementary training holes: The White course.
Saint-Nom-La-Breteche, more than a golf course, has become a true protected landscaped park as plain of the park of Versailles.